New York, NY – April 26, 2011: New York Festivals International Advertising Awards will host the first ever “Meet the Jury” Press Conference on Wednesday, May 4th at 4pm at Skylight West in New York City. This one hour Q&A session with New York Festivals’ prestigious Executive Jury will give attendees an exciting sneak preview of some of the industry’s most discussed ads of the year, as well as an opportunity to engage the world’s most prominent creatives in a lively discussion. Attendees will hear firsthand from industry thought leaders about the emerging trends in global advertising, and how the Executive Jurors selected the World’s Best Advertising™. The “Meet the Jury” press conference is open to all attendees of the 2011 International Advertising Awards New York Show taking place on May 4th & 5th at Skylight West.
This year NYF assembled an exclusive group of Worldwide Chief Creative Officers and Executive Creative Directors to participate in judging all mediums on its first ever live Executive Jury. This elite group assembles in New York City May 1st – 4th to determine the industry award winners and the 2011 trophy winners from the Finalist winners decided by NYF‘s Grand Jury. Never before have so many high level creative officers gathered in one room to judge the final rounds of an international advertising show.
Donald Gunn, Founder of The Gunn Report, will moderate the Executive Jury. The 2011 Executive Jury includes the following members:
• Steve Back, Chief Creative Officer Ogilvy & Mather, Singapore
• Peter Favat, Chief Creative Officer, Arnold Worldwide
• Rob Feakins, Chief Creative Officer/President, Publicis
• Staffan Forsman, Co-founder & Executive Creative Director, Forsman & Bodenfors
• Lee Garfinkel, Chief Creative Officer, Global Brands, Euro RSCG
• Rei Inamoto, Chief Creative Officer, AKQA
• Akira Kagami, Executive Advisor and Global Executive Creative Advisor, Dentsu
• Amir Kassaei, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, DDB Group
• Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide CD & Chairman, Chairman Creative Council, Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide
• Graham Lang, Global Integrated Creative Director, Y&R London
• Kitty Lun, Chairman & CEO, Lowe China
• Darren Moran, EVP, Chief Creative Officer, Draftfcb
• Bechara Mouzannar, Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett MENA
• Peter Nicholson, Chief Creative Officer, JWT
• Ronald Ng, Executive VP & Executive Creative Director, BBDO
• Marty Orzio, Chief Creative Officer, Gotham Inc.
• Santosh Padhi, Co Founder, Chief Creative Officer, Taproot, India
• Benjamin Palmer, Founder & Chief Creative Officer, The Barbarian Group
• Milka Pogliani, Chairman & Executive Creative Director, McCann Worldgroup Italy
• Robert Rasmussen, Chief Creative Officer, Tribal DDB
• Marcus Rebeschini, Chief Creative Officer, Y&R Asia
• Rob Reilly, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Crispin Porter + Bogusky
• Hugo Rodrigues, CCO & Chief Creative Officer
• Alexander Schill, Global Chief Creative Officer, Partner, Serviceplan Group
• Matthias Schmidt, Partner & Executive Board Member, Scholz & Friends
• Jureeporn Thaidumrong, Founder & Executive Creative Director, JEH United
• Mark Tutssel, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett
• Jean-Remy von Matt, Founder & Chairman, Jung von Matt AG
• Mark Waites, Founding Partner & Joint ECD, Mother London
• Graham Warsop, Founder & Executive Creator, Jupiter Drawing Room
• Conway Williamson, Chief Creative Officer, Saatchi & Saatchi
• Stephane Xiberras, President & ECD, BETC Euro RSCG
The New York Show on May 5th will feature keynote speakers presentations, creative panel discussions, screenings, and interactive gallery exhibits of the World’s Best Advertising™. Events include:
09:30am-10:30am Keynote Presentation | Keith Reinhard, Chairman Emeritus of DDB Worldwide, discussing “New Media.”
10:30am-11:15am Presentation | Donald Gunn, Founder of The Gunn Report, discussing “Creativeness vs. Effectiveness. Who Wins?”
11:15am-12:15pm Panel Discussion | “Creativity for Change” featuring: Rei Inamoto, Chief Creative Officer, AKQA; Rob Rasmussen, Chief Creative Officer, Tribal DDB; and Mark Tutssel, Global Chief Creative Officer, Leo Burnett Worldwide.
01:15pm-02:15pm Panel Discussion | “The Agency/Client Relationship” featuring: David Bryant, Creative Lead, Google Creative Labs; Kitty Lun, CEO & Chairman, Lowe China; and Tham Khai Meng, Worldwide Chief Creative Officer and Chairman Creative Council, Ogilvy & Mather.
02:15pm-03:15pm Keynote Presentation | Bob Giraldi, award-winning TV Commercial & Feature Film Director, presents "My Life in Twenty."
The International Advertising Awards ceremony, being held on May 5th at Skylight West, will include the presentation of the NYF Lifetime Achievement Award to Keith Reinhard, Chairman Emeritus of Omnicom; the Living Legend Award, to both Bob Giraldi, award-winning TV Commercial & Feature Film Director, and Bob Carr, award-winning Commercial Film Editor. In addition, trophies will be presented to the 2011 award-winning entries.
Finalists for the 2011 International Advertising Awards have been announced and can be viewed at http://www.newyorkfestivals.com/main.php?p=2,10. For more information on the 2011 International Advertising Awards New York Show or to purchase tickets click here.
The NYF International Advertising Awards competition receives entries from 70 countries and recognizes work in all media in the following competitions: Art/Technique + Technology, Avant-Garde, Collateral, Design, Digital & Interactive, Hispanic USA Advertising, Marketing Effectiveness, Mixed Media, Outdoor, Print, Public Relations/Brand Communications, Public Service Announcements, Radio, Student and Television/Cinema.
Award winners will be promoted by our network of representatives in 75 countries.
All press inquiries are welcome and should be directed to Gayle Mandel: email@example.com. Ph: 1 212 643 4800
About International Awards Group organizes advertising and programming competitions for the following brands: AME Awards for Advertising Marketing Effectiveness; Midas Awards for Financial Services Communications; The Global Awards for Healthcare Communications; NYF Advertising Awards; NYF Television & Film Awards; and NYF Radio Programs & Promotions. Entries to each of the competitions are judged around the world by panels of peers in their respective industries. Founded in 1957, IAG and their brands now have representation in 75 countries. For more information, go to www.newyorkfestivals.com.
Back to News