ABOUT INTERNATIONAL TELEVISION & FILM AWARDS
These categories are for submissions which are distributed by broadcast, cablecast, satellite, or broadband.
These categories are for submissions which are either regularly scheduled series or specials that are journalism-based. They include On-Air Categories for Anchors, Reporters and Correspondents. There is a category for Best Interview. A body of work from different programs is allowed for on-air personality categories.
- A01 Best Coverage of Breaking News
- A02 Best Coverage of Continuing News Story
- A03 Best Entertainment News Reporter/Correspondent
- A04 Best Entertainment Newscast
- A05 Best Interview
- A06 Best Investigative Report
- A07 Best News Analysis/Commentary
- A08 Best News Anchor
- A09 Best News Documentary/Special
- A10 Best News Reporter/Correspondent
- A11 Best News Talk Show
- A12 Best Newscast
- A13 Best Nonfiction Series
- A14 Best Public Affairs Program
- A15 Best Sports Anchor
- A16 Best Sports Journalism
- A17 Best Sports Newscast
- A18 Best Sports Reporter/Correspondent
- A19 Best Sports Talk Show
These categories are for journalism-based submissions which are less than a full program in length.
- B01 Coverage of Breaking News Story
- B02 Coverage of Continuing News Story
- B03 Financial Reporting
- B04 Heroes - stories about ordinary people whose acts of heroism or advocacies have touched the lives of people and set an example for others to follow
- B05 Human Interest
- B06 Investigative Report
- B07 Legal Reporting
- B08 Special Report
- B09 Sports Coverage
These categories are for submissions which explore a specific topic or point of view in-depth or that deal with issues of interest and importance, and may be either individual programs or series.
- C01 Biography/Profiles
- C02 Business & Finance
- C03 Climate Change & Sustainability - NEW
- C04 Community Portraits
- C05 Community Service Programs
- C06 Cultural Issues
- C07 Current Affairs
- C08 Docudrama
- C09 Editorial/Viewpoint
- C10 Educational/Instructional
- C11 Environment & Ecology
- C12 Health/Medical Information
- C13 History & Society
- C14 Human Concerns
- C15 Infomercial
- C16 Legal Issues
- C17 Magazine Format
- C18 Music - NEW
- C19 National/International Affairs
- C20 Nature & Wildlife
- C21 Politics
- C22 Religious Programs
- C23 Science & Technology
- C24 Social Issues
- C25 Sports & Recreation
- C26 The Arts
- C27 Travel & Tourism
REGULARLY SCHEDULED ENTERTAINMENT PROGRAM
These categories are for submissions that are series, either network, local, or syndicated, airing weekly or on some regular basis, consisting of live-action or animation, and may be distributed live or recorded. Children's/Youth programs are for up to age 17 audiences. Variety programs may be adapted from other mediums. Reality TV drama may be structured or unstructured.
- D01 Animated Program
- D02 Children's/Youth Program
- D03 Comedy
- D04 Crime Drama - NEW
- D05 Culinary Program
- D06 Drama
- D07 Educational/Instructional
- D08 Family Programs
- D09 Lifestyle Program
- D10 Performing Arts
- D11 Reality TV Drama
- D12 Sports
- D13 Talk/Interview
- D14 Variety
ENTERTAINMENT SPECIAL PROGRAM (SPECIALS, MINI-SERIES, LIMITED SERIES, TELENOVELAS)
These categories are for submissions that are specials or series of pre-determined duration airing in a limited time-frame, either network, local, or syndicated, live-action or animation, and may be distributed live or recorded. Variety Specials may be adapted from other mediums. Children's/Youth Specials are for up to age 17 audiences. Awards, Parades, Telethons, Opening/Closing ceremonies, News or Political ceremonies may be entered in Special Event.
- E01 Childrens/Youth Special
- E02 Comedy/Satire
- E03 Drama Special
- E04 Family Special
- E05 Mini-Series
- E06 Performing Arts Special
- E07 Special Event
- E08 Sports Special
- E09 Talk/Interview Special
- E10 Telenovelas
- E11 TV Movie
- E12 Variety Special
These categories are for submissions that are performance based videos of featured artists.
- F01 Music Video (Long Form)
- F02 Music Video (Short Form)
CRAFT : PROGRAM
These categories are for submissions that showcase a particular craft which contributes to the look, sound, or performance of the over all production elements of the program. All genres are eligible for craft categories.
- G01 Best Animation
- G02 Best Camerawork
- G03 Best Choreography
- G04 Best Costume Design
- G05 Best Direction
- G06 Best Editing
- G07 Best Graphic Design
- G08 Best Host
- G09 Best Innovation
- G10 Best Lighting
- G11 Best Narration
- G12 Best Original Music/Lyrics
- G13 Best Performance by an Actor
- G14 Best Performance by an Actress
- G15 Best Production Design/Art Direction
- G16 Best Screenplay
- G17 Best Sound Design
- G18 Best Special Visual Effects
- G19 Best Technical Production Team
- G20 Best Writing
PROMOTION/OPEN & IDs
These categories are for submissions which promote the image/brand of a station, network, website, program, or on-air talent. These categories include generic, episodic, and special tune-in announcements; program opens and main titles; and IDs.
- H01 Animated Program Promotion
- H02 Children\'s Program Promotion
- H03 Contest/Special Promotion
- H04 Documentary/Information Open & Titles
- H05 Documentary/Information Program Promotion
- H06 Entertainment Program Open & Titles
- H07 Entertainment Program Promotion
- H08 Green Promotion
- H09 Interactive Promotion
- H10 Licensing/Branding Promotion
- H11 News Program Open & Titles
- H12 News Promotion
- H13 News/Programming ID
- H14 Promotion of a Website
- H15 Promotional Program
- H16 Sports Program Open & Titles
- H17 Sports Program Promotion
- H18 Station/Image Promotion
- H19 Station/Network ID
CRAFT: PROMOTION/OPEN & ID
These categories are for submissions that showcase a particular craft which contributes to the look or sound of the over all production elements of a promotion, open, or ID.
- I01 Animation: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I02 Art Direction: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I03 Camerawork: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I04 Copywriting: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I05 Direction: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I06 Editing: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I07 Graphic Design: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I08 Original Music: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I09 Production Design: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I10 Sound Design: Promotion/Open & IDs
- I11 Special Visual Effects: Promotion/Open & IDs
These categories are for submissions created for online and include all forms of news, entertainment, sports, and educational programming. Online universities and e-learning/ distance learning presentations are eligible. Entries may be short form webisodes or long form.
- J01 Online Comedy Program
- J02 Online Drama Program
- J03 Online Educational Program
- J04 Online Entertainment Program
- J05 Online Music Program - NEW
- J06 Online News Program
- J07 Online Special Event
- J08 Online Sports Program
These categories are for submissions created by students either for distribution or exhibition. For Best On-campus TV station, include programming schedule and 3 examples. For Online program, students may include up to 6 webisodes. Student films may include animation, comedy, concert, drama, fantasy, horror, sci-fi videoarts & experimental film and be short-form or long-form in length.
- K01 Best Student Film
- K02 Best Student Journalist
- K03 Best Student Program
- K04 Best Student Station
Video Art & Experimental Film
These categories are for submissions that make use of digital technology for projections, transmissions, performance installations, multi-screen or single screen. Entries under ten minutes are short form.
- L01 Video Art & Experimental Film (Long Form)
- L02 Video Art & Experimental Film (Short Form)
Film & Video Categories
These categories are for submissions which are exhibited or screened
FILM PRODUCTIONS: FEATURE/DOCUMENTARY/SHORT
- M01 Documentaries
This category is for submissions which explore a specific topic or point of view in-depth or that deal with issues of interest and importance and may be either short or long form.
- M02 Feature Films
This category is for full-length submissions created by Studios or Independents and includes Animation or Live Action, Comedy, Concert, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi
- M03 Movie Trailer
This category is for submissions created by Studios or Independents and preview or tease films of all genres.
- M04 Short Films
This category is for submissions less than full-length and includes Animation or Live Action, Comedy, Concert, Drama, Fantasy, Horror, Sci-Fi.
These categories are for submissions that are productions dealing with particular topics of interest to specific audiences. They include productions offered for sale to the public either as VOD or DVD.
- N01 Arts & Humanities
This category is for submissions on Fine/Performing Arts, Philosophy, Religion
- N02 Entertainment
This category is for submissions on Sports, Drama, Comedy, Fine/Performing Arts, and Childrens Programming.
- N03 Human Concerns
This category is for submissions on Aging, Family, Physical/Mental Abuse, Special Education, Substance Abuse, Therapy
- N04 Instruction & Education
This category is for submissions on Guidance/Counseling, Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences
- N05 Professional Education
This category is for submissions on Medical Treatments/Procedures, Patient Information, Training Modules
- N06 Public Information
This category is for submissions on Career Guidance, Consumer Information, Health/Fitness, Nature/Wildlife, Non-Sales Travelogue, Safety & First-Aid
- N07 Society & Social Issues
This category is for submissions on Biography, Community/International Affairs, Environment, Health, History
These categories combine elements of stagecraft, scripting, multimedia, special effects and live performance.
- O01 Business Theater
This category is for live performance presentations with AV playback elements including Auto Shows, Corporate Image, Corporate Multi-screen, Trade Shows/Conventions, Product & Sales Presentations, In-House Marketing, Association Meetings.
- O02 Corporate Social Responsibility
This category includes Philanthropic, Non-profit, Corporate Image.
- O03 Event Venue
This category is for Arena, Exhibition, or Stadium presentations and includes Video assets, digital displays, performance installations, scoreboard highlights.
- O04 Internal Use
This category includes Benefits, Employee Relations/Orientation, Motivational, Safety/Security, Sales Presentations, Employee Training and HR.
- O05 Introductions & Lead-In Titles
This category includes Main Titles, Introductions, or Openers/Closers given at Company or Association Meetings.
- O06 Public Relations
This category includes Annual Reports, Corporate Image, Customer Relations, In-Flight, Non-Profit, Products/Services, Recruiting, Show Reels/Demo Reels/Promos.
- O07 Sales
This category includes Network Upfront Presentations, Tourism, Consumer, Health Care, Products/Services, B to B, Direct Response and POP.
These categories are for submissions which are exhibited or screened and may be feature length, documentaries, or short films.
- P01 Animation
- P02 Cinematography
- P03 Direction
- P04 Editing
- P05 Graphics/Titles
- P06 Innovation
- P07 Narration
- P08 Original Music
- P09 Original Screenplay
- P10 Performance by an Actor
- P11 Performance by an Actress
- P12 Production Design/Art Direction
- P13 Sound Design
- P14 Special Visual Effects
- P15 Technical Production Team
- P16 Writing
This category is for a production innovation that enhances the viewer\'s experience and understanding of a production or film by advancing or adding impact to the storytelling. The innovation may include enhancements which are mechanical or digital. The production or film may have been live or recorded. To assist the jury in evaluating the innovation, a support segment with explanations and visual representations of how the innovation was accomplished, including storyboards, diagrams, designs/photographs or other background material may be added to the .mov entry file following the program segments. Please separate this segment with a slate.
This category is open to the individuals who make a significant contribution to the technical portion of a production or film. This category is especially recommended for complex productions. A compilation (body of work) may be submitted. A segment of support material may be added to the .mov entry file following the program segments. Please separate with a slate.